Thursday, April 1, 2010

WHAT'S GOING ON HERE?



So there I was, topeka-ing random shit as usual, when I ran across the good old fashion '80s music parody you see above, courtesy of Zlad -- who is also the Anti-Pope. Everything was going fine until I noticed a little option that wasn't there before: TEXTp -- return to the '80s (even more) while saving Youtube some money. (Yay!) Now, I could launch into the long and (not really) complicated history of ASCII art but I'll just get to what everybody is waiting for: Elektronik Supersonik... in TESTp. And certainly, you can't forget Tunak Tunak Tun... in TEXTp. Though the Youtube gods, it seems, truly hate us, for "Benny Lava" is not available for viewing in TEXTp...

Wikipedia has an article about wife selling on the front page(which is completely legitimate), Topeka, Kansas, has changed its name to "Google," and reddit has gone coo coo for cocoa puffs, and, uh, I guess Starbucks is now offering really big, as well as really little, cups of coffee...

The world has come to an end. IT is AN AP0CAllYPsEeee! Or so I thought, but Huffington Post had the right answer, they made it all clear (they always do: they're liberals. HaHa, I'm nearly as witty as Ann Coulter):* today is April Fuels!...

So enjoy a day of lame office pranks and enormous corporations showing their humorous side. And don't forget to read The Guardian's article on The Amazonian tribe that can only count up to five --proving once and for all that the British have a really sick form of humor-- and don't forget to eat your Raisin Brahms. I will return, I promise, to something a little more becoming and usual tomorrow or at least as soon as I can get Paul Erdős to sign my paper.

* notice the clandestine frowny face, accentuated further by the asterisk -- so it's frowning even though it has a flower in its hair. ha (!)

No comments:

Post a Comment