Wednesday, September 30, 2009

AABB: About Abe's Book Blog

Before I start creating posts with some real content, I feel I owe it to myself and anyone else reading this to set down the nature and tone of this blog.

First and foremost, this blog is more a place to dump my words than a holy shrine to books. I doubt it will ever find a wide audience, so I aim to write posts that I - and perhaps, someday, a small circle of readers - find interesting or useful.

Second, this blog is (or will be) closely associated with my Goodreads account. I joined the site in February 2009, and I think it is great for cataloging and discussing books. My only complaint is its lack of a blogging system for the average reader (though it does offer blogs to authors). So I have set about to remedy this handicap with another site I have long enjoyed, Blogger. We will see how that turns out.

As for my reading tastes, please visit my personal page on Goodreads to view (most of) the books I have read since January 1, 2008, as well as what I am currently reading and what I want to read soon. It is a virtual tour of my interests, biases, and tendencies. Some say you can tell a lot about a man's character by examining the books he reads -- I assume you can at least discover what kind of books he likes.

No comments:

Post a Comment